Solicit Feedback (Incidents)
Administrators can gather internal and external feedback from users and customers by modifying the Feedback settings on a per-service basis. They can utilize the following feedback tools:
- User feedback rating – When a record is closed, a user feedback form is displayed at the top of the record form.
- Customer feedback rating – When an incident is closed, a customer feedback form is displayed at the top of the incident in the Customer Portal.
- Customer feedback emails – When an incident is closed, customers are automatically sent a customer feedback email.
You can customize the content included in the Feedback emails on an account-wide basis.
Topics in this article:
1. Go to Configure > Services > [select the service] > Feedback.
2. Use the check boxes to turn the following options on or off:
- Enable user feedback when a Service Desk record is closed – When this option is turned on, users see a "How do you rate this?" section at the top of the closed record. They can choose from 5 ratings and can enter an optional comment. User ratings and comments are visible to other users, but remain hidden from customers.
- Enable customer feedback when an incident is closed – When this option is turned on, customers see a "How do you rate this incident?" section at the top of their closed incidents in the Customer Portal (similar to the one internal users see with the option above). They can choose from 5 rating options and can enter an optional comment. They cannot see any other ratings apart from their own (i.e., user feedback remains internal).
Note: Customers who have Company Access permissions can see their own Company's rating.
- Automatically send "request for feedback" emails to customers after [x] hours – When this option is turned on, feedback emails will be turned on for the service; feedback emails prompt customers to rate the support they receive on each of their incidents. It can be set to send [x] hours after an incident has been closed. Be sure to customize the content of the follow-up email on an account-wide basis, and then turn Feedback emails on or off on a per-service basis.
3. Click Save when finished.
To modify the content of Feedback emails for the entire account, see Configure Customer-Bound Email Settings.
You can quickly generate a report with your customers' feedback using the Incident Satisfaction Ratings report. Alternatively, you can create a custom report that includes the "Satisfaction Summary" option.