Set Default Field Selections for New Incidents
Incidents for a service can be configured to open new records with a few of the text fields and drop-down menus pre-populated with default information. Administrators can use the Default Selections tab to modify the way new incidents are automatically created and classified by setting default owners, assignees, priorities, and more.
Modify the default selections for new incidents
1. Click Configure > Services > [select service] > Incidents > Default Selections.
2. All of the agents, groups and companies on the service are available in the drop-down menus to select as follows:
- Default Owner
- Default Owner (for incidents submitted by customers)
- Default Assignee
- Default Assignee (for incidents submitted by customers)
- Default Priority
- Default Type
3. If desired, select the following options to enable them:
- Check "Show in Portal" by default for incidents linked to customers This option automatically selects the "Show in Portal" check box on the incident form option (which allows customers to see changes made to an incident) for incidents under the selected service.
- Check "Close" by default when resolving incidents This option automatically marks incidents as "Closed" when they are marked "resolved.
- Allow customers to reassign incidents This option allows customers under the selected service to reassign incidents from within the Customer Portal to themselves and back to the agent (it does not allow customers to change the assignee to different agents).
- Check "Hide from customer" by default on new comments This option automatically enables the "Hide from customer" check box at all times, ensuring that all activity on an incident is hidden from customers unless otherwise marked by agents.
4. Click Save when finished.