What's new in GoToAssist Service Desk?
Keep track of what's going on with GoToAssist Service Desk and learn about our newest features and changes!
You can also visit the Community to view discussions about GoToAssist Service Desk.
Corporate Billing Portal – July 22, 2021
- Ability to Turn Off Automatic Renewal for Corporate Account Subscriptions
- Billing contacts now have the ability to turn off automatic renewal for their annual product subscriptions for their corporate account.
Active Directory Connector (v188.8.131.527) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoToConnect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
Service Desk Web Portal – November 18, 2020
- Support Sessions Now Use API v2 for Authentication
- Agents who initiate support sessions from within Service Desk incidents will now see Authorize & Start Support Session (if they have not authenticated in the last 60 minutes) as the system now uses the API v2 for authentication. Previously, the system was using API v1 for authentication, and the agent was not required to authorize before launching the support session.
- Fixed issue in which custom fields values for incidents were not being accurately reflected in Service Desk reports.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
LogMeIn Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their LogMeIn product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their LogMeIn product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.24.0) – August 12, 2020
- Ability to Change Account Name
- Account admins can change the account name of their LogMeIn product account within Admin Settings. Previously, account name changes could only be performed by Customer Care representatives.
- New Welcome and Assignment Change Email Templates
The Welcome email and Change email templates have a new look and feel! Note that any customizations made to the previous template will also be carried over to the new template.Note: This feature is being rolled out in a phased manner. This release enabled it as the default setting for most accounts (with the ability to opt-out, if desired), and made it available as an opt-in feature for other accounts – both of which can be configured within Admin Settings under Email Customizations. All new accounts will only see the new email templates and be unable to opt-out. A future release will make it the default setting for all accounts.
Admin Center (5.23.0) – July 23, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused inaccurate product entitlements in the user account when assigning conflicting products.
What's new in the Web App (v170.0)
- New! Various new search improvements – including keyword matching, sorting, and filtering capabilities – are now available for technicians (via their account) and customers (via the customer portal) when searching for service records.
- Technicians can now use double quotes to search for an exact phrase in service records.
- Additionally, order results continue to be presented based on relevance, however, now technicians can sort the results by Recently Updated or Priority (P1 being first), and use the indicator arrow to change the order results.
- Technicians can also filter by User or Customer name within service records, but this capability is not available when searching within the customer portal.
What's new in the Web App (v169.0)
What's new in the Web App (v168.0.5)
New! Account admins can now make changes to triggers for all services, regardless of whether or not they are assigned to that service
New! Agents can now enable a new account-wide default setting for "Notify customer when external users reply via email" that allows customers to be notified when an External CC (non-user, non-customer) on the watchlist adds comments via email reply
- Applies only to incidents created via email
- "Show in Portal" setting must be enabled for the incident
This setting is disabled by default
- Improved: Agents can now use double quotes to search for an exact phrase in service records reporting (e.g., "Thank you - I appreciate your help")