What's new in GoToAssist Service Desk?
Keep track of what's going on with GoToAssist Service Desk and learn about our newest features and changes!
You can also visit the Community to view discussions about GoToAssist Service Desk.
Service Desk Web Portal – April 13, 2023
- Export Incident Task Report. Admins can now export their Incidents Task Reportwith the date range of their choice within their ’Account Wide Settings” menu. The export’s date range by default is set to the past 10 years, but this can be modified. Once the date range is set and submitted, the Incident Task Report in CSV format will be sent to the email address of the requester.
Service Desk Web Portal – May 25, 2022
- Perform Account Synchronization. Admins can now manually synchronize their account service data to ensure the latest changes have been sent to the GoToAssist Service Desk system.
- Transfer Incidents. Admins can move all incidents from one agent (the "source user") to another agent (the "destination user").
Note: The destination user must be assigned to all services that are assigned to the source user so that the transferred incidents can be displayed in the destination user's Dashboard.
Service Desk Web Portal – March 17, 2022
- Perform Mass Asignment of Customer Portal Access. Admins can now mass assign various customer portal access levels to their customers, either by selecting individual customers or assigning one access level to all customers. Additionally, they can choose to send out an email invitation, which will notify new customers to activate their new account for the Customer Portal. Previously, admins could only change the customer portal access level individually per customer record.
Note: The customers that are selected for mass assignment must have valid customer records; they must be assigned with the required dependent records before performing this mass action, otherwise they will not be updated.
- Perform Full Account Reset. Admins now see a new Full SD Reset setting on the "Labs" tab within their Account Wide-Settings, where they can delete all of their account data and start over.
Warning: This action cannot be undone – be absolutely sure you want to delete your account information before selecting Save for this setting.
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Service Desk Web Portal – December 01, 2021
- Perform Mass Actions Using Self Service. Admins now see a new "Self Service" tab within their Account-Wide Settings, where they can apply bulk changes for various actions, including the following:
- Add all users or customers to services
- Add all services to users or customers
- Unarchive incidents
- Delete all your customers and/or companies
- Exclude Accounts from Automatic Incident Archiving.
- The customer data CSV export now includes "services assigned" and "portal access" fields.
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their GoTo account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their GoTo product account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
Active Directory Connector (v184.108.40.2067) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoTo Connect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the GoTo Admin Center (classic):
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role, and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
Service Desk Web Portal – November 18, 2020
- Support Sessions Now Use API v2 for Authentication
- Agents who initiate support sessions from within Service Desk incidents will now see Authorize & Start Support Session (if they have not authenticated in the last 60 minutes) as the system now uses the API v2 for authentication. Previously, the system was using API v1 for authentication, and the agent was not required to authorize before launching the support session.
- Fixed issue in which custom fields values for incidents were not being accurately reflected in Service Desk reports.