Create, Save, and Share Custom Reports
Learn how to create, save and share custom reports. Reports provide detailed information about services, users and customers in a highly-customizable format that can be easily shared or exported. This can include things such as the rate of open incidents to resolved incidents, problems created during a certain time period or tracking all activity on the account. Custom reports can be created for any type of record on an account-wide (i.e., global) or per-service basis. Reports can also be exported, emailed and set to run automatically.
Topics in this article:
1. To make a report only available within a single service, select the service from the Service drop-down menu. To make the report available to the entire account, select Global View from the Service drop-down menu.
2. Go to [Incident, Problem, Change, Release or Knowledge] > Reports & Queues > New Report/Queue.
3. On the Create New Report page, select an attribute (e.g., date, priority level, assignee) that you want to report on (if desired, use the search box to find the desired option more quickly). This can be any of the following:
- Dates – Created Date, Occurred Date, Responded Date, Escalated Date, etc.
- People – Assignee, Assigned to Customer, Owner, Customer, Raised by user, etc.
- Status – Overdue / Not Overdue, Resolved / Not Resolved, Open / Closed, etc.
- Miscellaneous – Keywords, Type, Priority, Category, Total Time Spent, Tagged, Linked to, etc.
4. Additional text fields and/or drop-down menus will appear, which allow you to specify what it is about the attribute that you want to report on. For example, if you select "Priority level," you can then select "equals," "is less than or equal to," etc., then select a priority level.
5. Click Add Another to add additional attributes and further refine the results included in the report. Use the Delete icon to remove unneeded attributes.
6. Specify how the results should be displayed (e.g., ordered by assignee, ordered by ID) using the Order By drop-down menu.
7. If desired, use the Save Report options to do the following:
- Save report – This option is necessary to access the report later, share the report or use it a dashboard queue
- Add to Dashboard Queues – This option sets the report as a dashboard queue
- Share Report – This option gives others on the account the ability to use the report and add it to their own dashboard queues
Note: The creator retains the rights to edit shared reports, but should be aware that any changes made will affect people who use the report as well.
8. Click Run Report to get results immediately, or Save Report to save the report for later use. The new report then appears under "My Reports" on the appropriate dashboard.
Once saved, the following can be done with custom reports:
- Access and edit reports at any time.
- Export reports as .csv files.
- Email reports to yourself.
- Edit, close or delete multiple items at once (i.e., mass actions).
- Create email schedules that automatically run reports and email you the results.
- Create action schedules that performs actions against all results of the report.
- Add reports to your Dashboard Queue.
When you create a new report, you are given the option to save the report for later use, which also allows you to add it to your dashboard queue and share it with other agents.
1. Create a new report.
2. Use the desired check box options at the bottom of the page, as follows:
- To save the report, ensure that the "Save Report" check box is selected, then enter a title for the saved report. This will enable you to run it again at a later time.
- To share the report with others, ensure that the "Share Report" check box is selected. This will enable other agents to use the report and add it to their own dashboard queue.
3. Click Save Report.
You can add reports to your dashboard queue in either of the following ways:
- For new reports, select the "Add to Dashboard Queues" check box before clicking Save.
- For existing reports, go to the desired Reports & Queues page (e.g., for incidents, problems, changes, release or knowledge articles), then click add next to the desired reports under the My Reports section (in the "Dashboard Queues" column). Click and drag the Move icons in the "Dashboard Queues" section to rearrange the order in which the reports appear in the dashboard.
Agents can edit custom and shared reports at any time.
1. Open a saved custom report or shared report.
2. Click Edit and make desired changes.
3. Click Run Report to retrieve results without saving, or Save Report to save changes permanently.
Agents can delete custom and shared reports at any time. Please use caution when editing or deleting shared reports, as they are accessible to everyone and may affect other agents who also use the report.
1. Open a saved custom report or shared report.
2. Click Delete.
3. Click OK to confirm.