About Reports and Queues
Reports provide detailed information about services, users and customers in a highly-customizable format that can be easily shared or exported. This can include things such as the rate of open incidents to resolved incidents, problems created during a certain time period or tracking all activity on the account. Custom reports can be created for any type of record on an account-wide (i.e., global) or per-service basis. Reports can also be exported, emailed and set to run automatically.
Topics in this article:
Each record type has its own Reports & Queues page. This page is divided into the following sections:
- My Reports – This section lists all custom reports. See Create, Save, and Share Custom Reports for more information.
- Shared Reports – This section lists all shared reports (i.e., reports that are run, saved and shared by other agents). See Access and Run Shared Reports for more information.
- Dashboard Queues – Reports in the dashboard queue can be added, rearranged and removed in this section. See Access Dashboards and Dashboard Queues for more information.
The available report types are as follows:
See Create, Save, and Share Custom Reports for more information.
When technicians select "Share Report" when saving a custom report, the report becomes available to other technicians on the service under "Shared Reports" on each dashboard page. Others can add them to their own dashboard queues as well. See Access and Run Shared Reports for more information.
Standard Service Reports
Service Desk includes a set of standard reports (i.e., service reports) that have already been configured for quick-and-easy use. Designed to be available for all users across all services, these reports can be access and run by technicians with just a few clicks. See Run Standard Service Reports for more information.
You can do the following with saved custom reports and shared reports.
- Access and edit reports at any time.
- Export reports as .csv files.
- Email reports to yourself.
- Edit, close or delete multiple items at once (i.e., mass actions).
- Create email schedules that automatically run reports and email you the results.
- Create action schedules that performs actions against all results of the report.
- Add reports to your Dashboard Queue.