What's new in GoToAssist Remote Support v4?
Keep track of what's going on with GoToAssist Remote Support v4 to learn about our newest features and changes.
You can visit the Community to view discussions about GoToAssist Remote Support v4.
Desktop apps (v4.8, build 1702) – April 29, 2021
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11.0)
- Agents can now host support sessions on their Mac running macOS Big Sur (11.0) using the latest version (v4.8, build 1702) of the GoToAssist (Expert) desktop application for Mac.
- Fixed a latency issue for establishing and taking remote control of an unattended Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15).
- Fixed an issue in which the user was unable to take remote control of an unattended Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15).
- Fixed an issue in which the agent encountered a black screen when connecting to a Mac running macOS Big Sur (11.0).
- Fixed an issue in which a connection could not be established when connecting to a Mac running macOS Big Sur (11.0).
- Fixed an issue involving the digital signature of the unattended MSI installer for Windows.
GoToAssist Remote Support v4 Firewall Configuration Changes
- Required Firewall Configuration Changes (Allowlisting by IP Addresses Only)
If you are an admin whose firewall is configured to allowlist by IP addresses only,
you must allowlist the following eight (8) additional IP addresses by April 30, 2021 to ensure uninterrupted service:
- This means that your firewall must be configured to allowlist all thirty (30) IP range blocks PLUS the eight (8) new IP addresses listed above. Please see our Optimal Firewall Configuration article for additional information.
- If you do not configure your firewall to allow these new IP addresses by April 30, 2021, the GoToAssist Remote Support v4 service will no longer work. This means that agents will not be able to sign in, host support sessions, or access unattended computers.
- If your security solution is configured to allowlist by domains, you will remain unaffected by these changes and your service will continue without interruption.
Active Directory Connector (v188.8.131.527) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoToConnect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
GoToAssist (Remote Support) Agent iOS app (v2.1.2) – February 24, 2021
- Added the search bar back in to the unattended computers list, which now fully displays all status buttons (All, Online, In-Session, and Offline).
- Fixed an issue that caused the app to crash when browsing and/or searching for unattended devices on mobile devices running iOS 13 or later.
Agent Web App – February 24, 2021
- Removed the banner that announced dropped support (as of February 15, 2021) for all versions below 4.5, build 1610.
GoToAssist (Remote Support) Agent iOS app (v2.1.1) – February 18, 2021
- Fixed an issue (by removing the search bar in the unattended computers list) that caused the app to crash when browsing and/or searching for unattended devices. Stay tuned for a future release (coming soon!) that will add the search bar back in and fully display all status buttons (All, Online, In-Session, and Offline) in the unattended computers list.
GoToAssist (Remote Support) Agent iOS app (v2.1.0) – February 17, 2021
- Fixed an issue in which the unattended computers list status buttons (All, Online, In-Session, and Offline) were not fully displayed, and agents were unable to scroll to access them.
What's New in GoToAssist Remote Support v4 – January 20, 2021
- Stored unattended device credentials from v4 available in v5
- Stored login credentials for unattended access set up in GoToAssist Remote Support v4 can now be used in the Remote Support v5 Agent Console.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
Agent Web App – December 18, 2020
- Informative Banner About Dropped Support for All Versions Below v4.5 Build 1610
Agents that log in at
https://up.gotoassist.com will now see a banner with messaging informing them about the upcoming dropped support for the following versions of the GoToAssist desktop applications (including unattended devices) on
February 15, 2021:
- Version 4.4, build 1599
- Version 4.3, build 1575
- Version 4.1, build 1544
- Version 4.0, build 1537
- For more information about updating your desktop applications, please see Update the GoToAssist Desktop Applications.
Reporting Service – December 14, 2020
- All references to "Company" have been updated to "Device Group" on both the Reporting tab of the agent Web App and within the fields of generated reports.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
LogMeIn Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their LogMeIn product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their LogMeIn product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
Agent Web App – October 13, 2020
- Warning Message for Customers Joining Sessions from Trial Agent Account
- An informative warning message is now displayed to the customer during the join flow advising them that the agent hosting the support session is using a trial account, and for their protection they should avoid providing any credit card information or accepting any unsolicited services. Learn more about joining support sessions and reporting abuse.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
LogMeIn Admin Center (v5.24.0) – August 12, 2020
- Ability to Change Account Name
- Account admins can change the account name of their LogMeIn product account within Admin Settings. Previously, account name changes could only be performed by Customer Care representatives.
- New Welcome and Assignment Change Email Templates
The Welcome email and Change email templates have a new look and feel! Note that any customizations made to the previous template will also be carried over to the new template.Note: This feature is being rolled out in a phased manner. This release enabled it as the default setting for most accounts (with the ability to opt-out, if desired), and made it available as an opt-in feature for other accounts – both of which can be configured within Admin Settings under Email Customizations. All new accounts will only see the new email templates and be unable to opt-out. A future release will make it the default setting for all accounts.
Web App – July 08, 2020
- RescueAssist has rejoined the GoToAssist family as GoToAssist Remote Support v5. Accordingly, the existing GoToAssist Remote Support offering is now referred to throughout the product as GoToAssist v4. You can see your current version, or switch between GoToAssist v4 and GoToAssist v5 using the user account drop-down menu in the top right. Learn more.