Host a Support Session via Android
The GoToAssist (Remote Support) app provides a streamlined version of Remote Support, which allows you to provide unlimited attended and unattended support sessions from your Android device. Agents can use the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app to host support sessions with customers who join from any supported desktop or mobile device.
Note: It is not possible to support iOS customers from the GoToAssist (Remote Support) apps for iOS or Android or the GoToAssist Expert desktop app. For more information, please see the system requirements for Agents and Customers.
Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) App for Android
(for devices running Android OS 4.1.X (Jelly Bean) or later)
Note: Please see the Mobile Feature Comparison for information about features available during these support sessions.
Note: You can view the system requirements for the mobile app here.
- Download the GoToAssist (Remote Support) app for Android.
Note: This is not to be confused with the GoToAssist (Customer) app, which is only for Android users being supported by a Remote Support agent.
- Select Install > Accept to install the app.
- Open the app, then enter your email address and password for your GoToAssist Remote Support account and select Log In.
- Select the Tap to start a support session button.
- A new support key appears on the Invite Customer screen. Send it to the customer by selecting Email Support Info.
Note: You must have the Gmail app set up to automatically create an email.
- Invite your customer to join the support session as follows:
Direct Windows or Mac customers to tap the support URL in the Invitation email to be directly launched into session, or go to https://fastsupport.gotoassist.com and enter the support key.
- Once the customer joins the support session, you will immediately see their screen.
- Select the Unattended Computers button.
- Select the desired unattended support computer to select it.
- Select Connect on the Computer Details screen.
Note: For more information about mobile feature differences, please see the Mobile Feature Comparison,
Using the app's toolbar, agents can support customers using the following features:
- Stop screen sharing with the customer's computer by tapping the Options icon in the agent toolbar, then selecting Stop Screen Sharing. To restart screen sharing once again, tap the Screen Sharing icon .
- View the Gestures guide by tapping the Options icon in the agent toolbar, then selecting Gestures.
- Access the Settings by tapping the Options icon in the agent toolbar, then selecting Settings.
- Chat with the customer by tapping the Chat icon .
- Retrieve diagnostic reports about the customer's computer (and email them) by tapping the Diagnostics icon .
- View, modify, and connect to unattended support computers by tapping the Unattended Computers button.
- Send the "Ctrl-Alt-Del" command to the customer's computer by tapping the Tools icon (Windows only).
- Reboot / Reboot in Safe Mode – Reboot the customer's computer without disconnecting the session by tapping the Tools icon .
- Use the keyboard by tapping the Keyboard icon in the agent toolbar.
- Record support sessions for later viewing and download. This occurs automatically if this feature is enabled in your account configuration settings.
- End support sessions by tapping the Options icon in the agent toolbar, then selecting End Session, or by tapping the End Session icon during your active session.