Manage Account-Wide Settings
The Admin Settings page contains product defaults that, once set, apply to all users on your account who have access to the products. You can also edit your account name.
On this page, you can:
- Manage default product settings templates
- Set up an organization
- Create custom fields
- Edit RescueAssist settings
If you want to apply product settings in a consistent way to specific sets of users (groups), you can create a settings templates and apply the settings to new users who are added to that group. Learn how to get started.
The Organization Center provides you with the ability to set up automated provisioning using the Active Directory Connector and/or Enterprise Sign-In (single sign-on) for your users. Once you set up an organization, you have the ability to disable Welcome and change email notifications from being sent to your users, which are enabled by default. Learn how to set up an organization.
Custom user fields allow you to define and populate a set of fields for your users. You can create organizational identifiers, usage or user types, etc. A limited, predefined set of fields can be pulled in from the Active Directory if you are using the Active Directory Connector (ADC). Custom user fields display on the User Details screen and in user reports.
1. In the Admin Center, click Admin Settings in the left navigation.
2. Click the Add a Custom Field button.
3. Enter a custom field name, you can include numeric and alpha characters. Click Save.
4. Once created, you can learn how to map your custom fields to user attributes in the Active Directory Connector.
1. Log in to the Admin Center at https://admin.logmeininc.com.
2. Select Admin Settings from the left navigation.
Enable or disable session recording
If session recording is enabled, RescueAssist automatically records all screen-sharing support sessions and stores them in the cloud for 90 days.
Enable or disable auto start
If start with an attended session is enabled, RescueAssist will automatically create an attended session if the agent is assigned to only one group.
Enable or disable screen blanking
If screen blanking is enabled, the agent can lock the customer's screen in session when entering credentials or displaying sensitive information.
Enable or disable the session end dialog
If the session end dialog is enabled, then after a session has ended, the dialog for assigning sessions to companies, as well as tracking customer names, session notes and accounting information will be displayed.
Set the shared seat session timeout
Specify the length of time in minutes that an application will allow a user with a shared product seat to remain logged in before asking to re-authenticate.
Set Build Version Update preferences
By default, new full-release builds of RescueAssist are deployed to your account automatically. You can select from the following options:
- Regular & Beta Updates – To check out our newest features!
- Regular Updates – To use our most stable, default version.
- Infrequent Updates – To manually select a specific version, which will remain assigned to your account until your selected version is no longer supported. Learn more.
Enable or disable Two-Factor Authentication
Two-Factor Authentication is a feature that you can enable for your entire account, and specify a date to force all agents to log out of their accounts in order to log back in and begin the enrollment process. This feature is account-wide, and applies to all users and device groups once enabled.
Before you save any changes, please note the minimum required version and build number specified next to the Enabled option, as it will be required that all of your device groups for your entire account be set to this version (or later) in order to use Two-Factor Authentication. Learn more.
When selecting Enabled, click the Calendar icon to choose from the following options:
Forced logout on a future date
- You must select a date within 14 days of the date you choose to enable this feature.
- Any agents in an active session will be automatically logged out at 12:00 AM on the selected date. Note that the time zone is based on the admin's current web browser settings.
- It is highly recommended that you set all of your device groups to the minimum required version (or later) before the date you specify to ensure a seamless start to the enrollment process for your users.
Forced logout immediately on same day
- Any agents in an active session will be logged out immediately and required to start the enrollment process in order to log in and use RescueAssist.
- It is highly recommended that you set all of your device groups to the minimum required version (or later) to ensure a seamless experience.