How can I remotely control a customer's Mac running macOS Catalina (or later) using GoToAssist Remote Support v4?
These are the necessary steps to take in order to control a customer's Mac that has macOS Catalina (or later) running.
MacOS Catalina (10.15) introduced added security features that require additional permissions for using the full feature set of the GoToAssist Expert desktop applications for Windows and Mac and/or GoToAssist Remote Support v5. In order to remotely control your customer's Mac running macOS Catalina (10.15) or later, the steps below must be performed on the customer's Mac. You can connect to your customer's Mac in a view-only session and walk them through the steps using Chat, or send them these instructions to perform on their own.
Does your version look different? Please see instructions for using GoToAssist Remote Support v5.
How to set up your customer's macOS system
- On the customer's Mac, navigate to the System Preferences by doing either of the following:
- Click the System Preferences icon in your Dock
- On the Menu Bar, click the Apple menu then select System Preferences
- Click Privacy & Security.
- In the menu list, click Accessibility.
- For GoToAssist Remote Support v4, turn on the toggle-switch to allow control for the following apps:
- GoToAssist Customer
- For GoToAssist Remote Support v5, turn on the toggle-switch to allow control for the LogmeinRemoteSupport app.
- Take one step back to the previous window by clicking on the left-arrow icon.
- In the menu list, click Screen Recording.
- For GoToAssist Remote Support v4, turn on the toggle-switch to to allow screen recording for the GoToAssist Customer app.
- For GoToAssist Remote Support v5, turn on the toggle-switch to to allow screen recording for the LogmeinRemoteSupport app.