Can I switch user profiles in Windows during a support session?
A known issue involving switching user profiles in Windows 10 on the customer side has been identified by our engineering team.
RESOLVED: Please update to the latest version (v4.8, b1692) of the GoToAssist Customer application.
Note: If continuing to use any version earlier than the latest (v4.7, b1673 and earlier) of the GoToAssist Customer desktop application, please use the Workarounds listed below.
How to reproduce the issue
- The agent connects to the Windows User A profile in either an attended or unattended support session.
- The agent switches to the Windows User B profile during the session.
- The agent switches back to the Windows User A profile.
Workaround #1: Continue using GoToAssist Remote Support v4
- End the support session with the Windows User B profile.
- Start a new support session with the Windows User B profile.
- Switch back to the Windows User A profile.
- This known issue is not present in GoToAssist Remote Support v5, therefore it can be used to host support sessions.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022