Installing Unattended Support Replaces Another Unattended Device
If an agent sets up unattended support on an imaged or cloned Windows machine - and the image used previously had unattended support installed - the new unattended installation will replace the previous device in your inventory because both machines are using the same universally unique ID (UUID) located in the registry.
To ensure each unattended computer has its own UUID on imaged or cloned machines, agents should fully remove unattended support then reinstall on the customer side, as follows:
- On the unattended machine, go to Control Panel > Programs & Features.
- Uninstall both the GoToAssist Customer and GoTo Opener applications.
- Download and run the GoToAssist Unattended Support Registry Removal Tool.
- Once finished, reboot the computer.
- When the desktop is back up, download, install, and set up unattended support once more.
- The new installation will now assign a unique UUID to the unattended machine.
CAUTION! Please be extremely careful when removing registry keys, as removal of the wrong key(s) can cause irreparable damage to the Windows operating system.
For 64-bit Windows systems:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LogMeInInc\GoToAssist Express Customer
For 32-bit Windows systems:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeInInc\GoToAssist Express Customer
Once the registry keys have been manually removed, reboot the computer and set up unattended support once again.