Why should I update GoToMyPC versions?
In March 2021, the GoToMyPC team released v11.6.3161 which is a faster, more robust, stable, and secure desktop app version. Accounts on v8.0.880 to v11.5.3142 will automatically be updated to the newer version free of charge within 30 days of receiving the email.V11.6.3161 has already been used by over 150,000 customers and has powered over 10 million remote sessions.
If you do not want to be updated automatically, email GoToMyPC-OldBuild@logmein.com.
If you'd like to be updated as soon as possible, read below on how to manually update your GoToMyPC version.
- Session Diagnosis - A tool that detects connection problems.
- "Remember access code" setting - GoToMyPC will remember your access code on trusted machines.
- An award winning complimentary antivirus - A tool that protects your computer against modern and sophisticated cyber attacks.
- SSO support (Corporate plan only) – Users can securely log in to GoToMyPC from other applications with their corporate emails.
- Remote Deployment (Corporate plan only) - IT admins can remotely install and configure GoToMyPC on multiple computers without being physically present.
- Auto Login setting - GoToMyPC will unlock host computers from trusted client computers with one click.
- Experience Optimizer - A tool that optimizes your remote session experience by checking your internet speed and the current load of your host and/or client computer.
Manually update your GoToMyPC version
In order to stay up to date on the latest GoToMyPC performance improvements, features, enhanced security, and more, we highly recommend updating your GoToMyPC version. To automatically install the latest updates, see How do I automatically install updates?.
- In the system tray, right-click the GoToMyPC icon and Check for updates.
- Follow the prompts to install the latest updates.
Note: If you can't install the latest updates, please make sure your system is supported
How to add a Firewall exception for GoToMyPC?