Why can't I connect to my Windows computer?
"My Computers" page lists host computer as "Unavailable" or clicking 'Connect' never establishes a connection.
There are three issues that may cause a host computer to go unavailable:
- The host computer is powered off or in sleep mode
- The GoToMyPC host software is not running
- The host computer is not connected to the Internet
- Confirm host computer is turned on and not in sleep mode
- Confirm GoToMyPC is running (look for system tray icon) on host computer
- Ensure host computer can access the Internet (try navigating to www.google.com or another webpage)
- Confirm your security software allows GoToMyPC to access the Internet
- Check to see if there is an outage
What to do next:
For information on Sleep mode, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions
Attention:If the MyPC icon is not in the menu bar on Mac OS X: Reboot the Mac For assistance allowing GoToMyPC among security software.
Attention: If the computer is still unavailable on the MyComputers page remove and reinstall GoToMyPC.
Article last updated: 20 December, 2022