Uninstall the Active Directory Connector
To upgrade from an earlier version of Active Directory Connector or to reinstall the current version, you must first uninstall your current version. If you choose to keep the original ADC files on your server prior to uninstalling, rename the directory to Active Directory Connector v1, where v1 is the product version number. Please note that uninstalling the ADC will not remove your existing users and accounts (as they will continue to exist in the Admin Center), however, you will need to re-create your rules and priorities again for each directory group.
Before you proceed, please note that the process for uninstalling an application from your computer varies by operating system. See your operating system's manual for more information.
You can uninstall your current version of the Active Directory Connector as follows:
- If the Active Directory Connector is running, click Stop to shut down the service, then close the application.
- On the Windows server where the ADC is installed, go the Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Locate "Active Directory Connector "in the list of programs, right-click the program and select Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm, then click Yes again in the User Account Control dialog, if prompted.
- You have now uninstalled the ADC. If desired, you can install the latest version.