Troubleshoot the Active Directory Connector
Need some help? Review frequently asked troubleshooting questions for the Active Directory Connector (ADC).
You can also find additional details about ADC events by visiting either of the following:
- ADC Logs at Windows Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > ADCLog
- ADC log files at C:\ProgramData\LogMeIn\ADConn\logs\
If the ADC service won't start, you can try out the solutions below to get the service started again.
- Check that the Windows admin account being used for the ADC software has the "Log on as a service" permission enabled. You can enable it by doing the following:
- In Windows, search for and select Local Security Policy.
- Go to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Right-click Log on as a service >Properties > Add User or Group.
- Add the ADC Service User (e.g., DOMAIN\username).
- Go to Check Names > OK > OK > Apply to save your changes.
- Start the ADC again.
- Check that the Windows admin account being used has read/write access to the registry location for the ADC. You can enable it by doing the following:
- Stop the ADC service (if it's running).
- In Windows, search for and select regedit.exe.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeInInc\ADCv2.
- Right-click on the ADCv2 folder and select Permissions....
- For the user or its group, check the box to select "Full Control" then click Apply > OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and return to the ADC software, then sign in again with the Windows admin account.
- Click Save, then click Start.
When you configure your Active Directory v2 settings, you will encounter an "Insufficient Permissions" error message if the LogMeIn admin account you are using does not have an Organization Admin role. Learn how to fix it.
Steps for setting up the Active Directory Connector v2 and managing users in User Sync:
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2
- Review the Active Directory Connector v2 requirements
- Set up an organization
- Install the ADC v2
- Configure the ADC v2
- Run the ADC v2
- Manage custom attributes (optional)
- Manage User Sync rules
- Update the ADC v2 to the latest version (if applicable)
- Troubleshoot the ADC v2 (if needed)