Update the Active Directory Connector
ANNOUNCEMENT: As of August 15, 2018, Active Directory Connector v1.x will no longer work. It is required that all users of ADC v1.x update to the latest version of ADC v2.x. For detailed migration instructions, please see How Do I Update My Active Directory Connector?
The Active Directory Connector (ADC) receives Active Directory user updates and automatically makes the same changes in your LogMeIn account. Depending on whether your are updating the ADC from v1 or you have ADC v2 installed and are updating to the latest version, the instructions below will vary.
Topics in this article:
To update the Active Directory Connector to v2, you must first uninstall your current version, then download and launch the latest ADC installation.
WARNING! If you are migrating from ADC v1 to ADC v2, it is absolutely necessary that you capture your existing user configuration rules for all of your user groups before uninstalling ADC v1. To obtain the most detailed information about each user groups' configuration settings, we highly recommend that you run a User Status report. For detailed migration steps, please see How Do I Update My Active Directory Connector?
Update ADC v1 to ADC v2 as follows:
- Run a User Status report and save it.
- Uninstall your current version of ADC v1.
- Once uninstalled, download and unzip the ActiveDirectoryConnector.zip file, which contains the ADCSSetup.msi and setup.exe files.
- Run the Active Directory Connector Setup.exe file.
- When prompted to perform an upgrade, click Yes.
- When the installer launches, click Next > Finish to complete the upgrade.
- You can now configure the ADC.
If there is a new version of the ADC software, click Update to <version> in the lower left navigation to begin installing the latest version. To get started, click Update to <version> and the ADC will stop the service, exit, install the update, then relaunch and start the service automatically.