Resolve and Close Incidents
Once work is completed on incidents, they can be resolved and closed individually or in a group.
Incidents and their associated data are automatically archived 2 years from the date they were last updated (e.g., reopened, comment added, etc.), then removed from our system 1 year from the date they were archived. For more information, please see About Automatic Incident Data Archival.
Resolve an incident individually
Incidents can be resolved and closed one at a time with this process.
- Sign in to GoToAssist Service Desk with your email address and password at https://desk.gotoassist.com.
- Open the incident to be resolved.
- Select the resolution of the incident, as follows:
- Not Resolved – The issue was not solved , but no more work will be done on it (i.e., "won't fix).
- Resolved – The issue was solved and no more work needs to be done on it (i.e., "fixed").
- If desired, enter an explanation of the resolution in the Enter Resolution text field. This step is highly recommended to ensure transparency for the rest of the team.
- To leave the incident "Resolved" but still open (i.e., not released), deselect the "Close" check box before clicking Save.
Close an incident individually
- Open the incident to be closed.
- Ensure that the resolution is marked correctly, then click Close.
- Fill out the "closing details" to specify why the incident is being closed, then click Save.
Resolve and close multiple incidents
Incidents can be closed in bulk using reports.
- Go to .
- Create a report that includes all the incidents that should be closed, then open the report.
- Click Mass Actions and select all incidents that should be included.
- Select Set Status to.
- Select Resolved from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add Another +.
- Select Close from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply Now.
Delete an incident
- Open the incident to be deleted.
- Click Delete.
- A warning message cautions that this cannot be undone. Click I'm scared, don't delete this to cancel, or Yes I'm sure! Just delete it! to continue.