GoToAssist Service Desk App for iOS
Using the GoToAssist Service Desk app, you can view and manage your their incidents while on the go using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. You can even create new incidents directly from the app – anytime, anywhere!
Download the GoToAssist Service Desk App for iOS
(for devices running iOS 8.0 or later)
For more information, please see the System Requirements.
View incident queues
When you first log in to the app, the Home screen will automatically display a list of incidents. From there, you can do any of the following:
- Switch between viewing incidents for a specific service or viewing all incidents (Global view) by tapping the Service selection menu in the top navigation, then selecting the desired view.
- Switch between Incident Queues by tapping the Incident View toolbar below the Settings icon . This allows you to view all open incidents, only those assigned to you, only those created today or only those included in an existing report queue.
- Search for specific incidents by tapping the Search icon in the toolbar.
- View and edit incident details (see View and edit incident details for more information).
View and edit incident details
Tap an incident on the Home screen to view more information; you can switch between the Overview, Discussion, and Details tabs to view the incidents details, leave a comment in the Discussion and even edit some fields from each tab.
View-Only Details: These fields you can view for each incident.
- Discussion comments
- Date opened
Editable Details: These fields you can modify. Simply tap a field to change it directly from the app.
- Resolution detail
- Resolution status & icon (i.e., red icon if unresolved, green icon if resolved)
- Add a comment to the Discussion & set as visible or hidden from customer
- Due date
- Incident Type
- Incident Category
- Custom fields
Create new incidents
You can create incidents while on the go directly from the mobile app.
- Tap the Create icon on the Home screen.
- Select a Service.
- Enter an incident title.
- Enter the symptom details.
- If desired, add a Customer to be associated with this incident.
- Tap Create in the top navigation. You can then edit the incident’s details to add more information.
View incident queues on your Apple Watch
You can use the Apple Watch integration to view up to 8 queue metrics directly on your Apple Watch! Adding existing queues for display on your Apple Watch will require an iOS device with the GoToAssist Service Desk app for iOS installed.
- From your iOS device, tap the Settings icon > Customize Apple Watch > Add Metric.
- Tap a Service to display its existing queues. If you want to set up a new queue, see Create, Save and Share Custom Reports.
- Tap the Add icon to select a queue.
- Tap the queue name to edit the Short Name (i.e., the name that appears on Apple Watch display).
- Select a color for the incident number display (preview shown at the top of the screen).
- Tap the Back arrow to return to the metrics list view.
- For 2 or more incident queues, tap and hold the Move icon to adjust order of appearance as desired.
- Tap Remove from Watch to remove a queue.
Access Settings and log out
Under Settings you can customize settings for your Apple Watch, view information about the mobile app, provide feedback, or log out.
- Tap the Settings icon .
- Select or view the desired option:
- Customize Apple Watch – Enable and customize the integration with your Apple Watch.
- Terms of Service – Access the Terms of Service.
- Third Party Notices – Access a list of permissions granted by associated third parties.
- Feedback – Provide feedback directly to the GoToAssist Service Desk team.
- Version – View the version of the app.
- Log Out – Log out of your Service Desk account.