Task One: Setting Up an Ad Hoc Support Session
Start an ad hoc support session
- In LogMeIn Central, click Ad Hoc Support.
- Enter the email address of the user receiving support.
Figure 1. Step 1
- Create a password.
This is the password that you must enter when logging in to the user's computer once the ad hoc support session has been activated.
Figure 2. Step 2Important: Take note of this password, it will not be shown again.
In Windows, the password is actually linked to a hidden Administrator account called LogMeInRemoteUser. This account is automatically removed when the session ends and the LogMeIn Support Session app is removed.
- Click Send email and prepare session.
The instructions and deployment link are sent to the user.
Guide your customer through setting up their computer
- Wait for the user to download and run the LogMeIn Support Session app.
- Provide the user with the security code. Important: Stay on this page and wait while the user's computer is set up for the session. Alternatively, make sure to take note of the security code before navigating to another page. It will not be shown again.
- Ask the user to enter the security code when prompted. The security code is required to pair the user's computer with your account. Tip: Is your user having trouble? See this article for tips: Ad Hoc Support Troubleshooting.
The session becomes activated once the user has entered the security code and the LogMeIn Support Session app has been set up.