Initiating a Support Session
This article assumes that you - a customer - have already contacted a support provider via email, phone, chat or any other means, and your provider suggested that a support session be started to resolve the issue you are facing.
Follow these instructions to download and start the Support Session app.
- Click the link in the email you received from your support provider.
Note: Yet to receive an email? Contact your support provider.
Result: The support session browser window is displayed.
- A small application downloads to your computer.
The download should take about 15 to 30 seconds.
Result:Tip: Download did not start? Click Start download manually.
- Run the app once the download is complete.
Result: The Support Session Setup dialog is displayed.
- Ask your support provider for your 6-digit security code.
You will need it to activate the support session.
- Enter the 6-digit security code you received from your support provider.
Result: Your computer is being set up for the support session. Once the Support Session app is installed, a small icon appears in the Windows taskbar.