Can't connect? Try this first!
A checklist of the most common communication issues when connecting to Host computers.
Another common reason is when your host is on a network domain in which case you have to enter the domain name as well. For example, if your host is on a domain, called besthardwarestore, and your user name on the host is jsmith, then your full user name is besthardwarestore/jsmith.
- On Windows, open a Command Prompt and type whoami
- On a Mac, go to then select your user and click Login Options. You find the domain name in the Network Account Server field.
Make sure the host software is not being blocked by a firewall on the host computer. You will need to allow the host software to make connections in the firewall rules. For details, see Central and Firewalls.
You may encounter connection issues if your proxy is not configured to work with the host software.
Follow the steps to fix problems with your DNS resolving our IP Address.
On Windows 7 and newer:
- Open the Run dialog. (Press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.)
- Type cmd and click OK.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the Enter key.
On Mac OS X:
- Open .
- Type dscacheutil -flushcache and press the Enter key.
You may encounter connectivity issues when using GoTo products with OpenDNS. This is due to OpenDNS categorizing GoTo domains as a proxy/anonymizer. GoTo support is unable to provide further assistance with this issue. Please visit http://www.opendns.com/ for more information configuring OpenDNS.
Internet load balancers and reverse proxies (satellite connections)
To resolve IP mismatch issues behind an internet load balancer or a reverse proxy, follow these steps.
- Copy this text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LogMeIn\V5\Net] "BrokenProxy"=dword:00000000
- Save it in Notepad or a similar editor on the host computer as IP Mismatch.txt.
- Rename the file IPMismatch.reg. You may be asked to confirm that you want change the file extension from .txt to .reg. Confirm the change.
- Double click the file and confirm that you want to import the file into the registry.
Date and Time Settings
If the date and time settings of your computer are incorrect, the host may show as Enabled and Online in your system tray, but as Offline in your account.
To change the date and time of your system, click the clock on your Windows system tray or on your Mac menu bar.