How do I invite guests?
If you are on a Windows computer, you can invite other Windows users to view or take full control of the host computer screen. Note that this feature can only be used while you are physically at your host computer, and it is not available on Mac.
Invite a Windows guest
- Make sure you are at your host computer.
- In your computer system tray, right-click on teh GoToMyPC icon and click Invite Guest to PC.
- Enter the guest's email address in the To field.
- Edit the invitation message, if desired.
- Choose when the invitation will expire and click Send.
- When prompted, enter your GoToMyPC email address and password to confirm.
Connect with your invited guest
To accept the invitation, your guest will need to click the activation link included in the invitation email. If your guest accepts within the time you allotted, you receive a Guest Arrived notice.
- Once your guest accepts your invitation, you will see a Guest Arrived window.
- Under Screen Sharing choose the level of guest access you'd like to grant.
- Under Sound, choose whether or not the guest can hear sounds from your host computer.
- Click OK.
- A chat box will appear on your computer, and your guest can now view your computer through their GoToMyPC Viewer.
Change or disconnect guest access
- In your computer system tray, right-click the GoToMyPC icon and click Guest Connected.
- Change the level of guest access or disconnect the session by clicking Disconnect.
Article last updated: 17 October, 2022