Join a Webinar Online (Instant Join App)
You can join sessions online instead of using the desktop app or a mobile app.
The GoToWebinar Instant Join App is a browser-based version of GoToWebinar that can be run entirely online! Unlike when joining sessions with the desktop app, the Instant Join app does not require any downloads because it stays contained within your web browser. This can be especially beneficial for users who are having trouble installing the desktop app or are in locked-down environments that can't download software.
- Use GoToWebinar within locked-down environments. If you have software-installation restrictions (e.g., you're using a company computer or net kiosk), you can still join sessions!
- Get into session even faster than with the desktop app. This is great for when you need to quickly touch base and share your screen.
- Easily switch to the full-featured desktop app. Do you want to use additional features and tools? Seamlessly download and switch to the desktop app during the session.
- You can get into session even faster than with the desktop app (great for when you're late joining!).
- If you have software-installation restrictions (e.g., using a company computer or net kiosk), you can still quickly and easily join sessions.
Instant Join features and tools
You can use the following features and tools when you join a session from the Instant Join app.
- Join instantly without going through a download or installation.
- Connect to the audio conference using your computer's mic and speakers * or by dialing via phone.
- View the presenter's shared screen.
- Mute and unmute yourself (if enabled by the organizer).
- Raise your hand to get the organizer's attention.
- Receive a desktop notification when webinar begins or presenter starts sharing a video.
Join a session via Instant Join
- If you join from a computer running an operating system that is not supported by the desktop app, then you will automatically join the session using the Instant Join app.
- If you join from a computer running an operating system that is supported by the desktop app, then the desktop app will automatically begin downloading and launch you into session.
See Web App Feature Comparison for more information.
Connect to session audio
The audio options that are available to you vary depending on what the organizer set for the session (for example, they may have disabled some methods or even provided their own conference call information).
See Connect to Audio (Web App) to learn more.
Send questions to staff
- Click the Question icon in the toolbar.
- Enter your question in the text field at the bottom, then press Enter on your keyboard.
Chat with organizers
- When an organizer sends you a chat, a new Chat Notification icon and Pane icon will appear in the toolbar.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the recipient of your message (if you have received chat messages from more than one organizer). Please keep in mind that this pane will be hidden until an organizer has sent you a chat message.
- Enter your message in the text field, then click Send.
When you receive a chat message, you will see a notification if the Chat pane is hidden or closed. Private and public chat messages can be easily distinguishable by color and the "to" recipient (public chats will say "Everyone" and private chats will say "Me").
Raise your hand
If the organizer has uploaded any handouts for you to access, you will see a Handouts icon in your toolbar. Once you click on a handout, t will either open in a new tab or begin downloading automatically.
- Click the Handouts icon .
- Click the handout that you want to access.
View limitations of the Instant Join app
- Organizers cannot host sessions using the Instant Join app.
- Attendees cannot share webcams.
- Attendees cannot be promoted to Presenter, panelist or organizer.
- Attendees cannot take control of the presenter's mouse and keyboard.
- Attendees cannot use drawing tools.