How to Connect from LogMeIn.com
Connect to LogMeIn host computers in your LogMeIn account from LogMeIn.com.
- LogMeIn host software must be installed and running on the host
- The host must be turned on
- The host must be connected to the Internet
- The host must not be in Sleep mode or Hibernation mode Tip: If the host computer is on a network with other LogMeIn host computers then you may be able to wake it using Wake On LAN. To review Wake On LAN requirements, see How to Wake a Computer in Sleep Mode or Powered Off Using Wake On LAN.
- The host must not already be controlled by another LogMeIn user Note: Multiple users can connect to a host simultaneously; however, only a single remote user can control it. For example, one user can control a computer while another uses File Manager or Management Tools.
To connect from your browser:
- Go to www.LogMeIn.com.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
The Computers page is displayed.
- On the Computers page, click the computer you want to access. Tip: Control-click or middle-click to open the session in a new browser tab. On a Mac, use Command-click.
LogMeIn will attempt to make a connection to the host. You will be prompted to authenticate to the host.
- Log in to the computer using the appropriate authentication method:
Remember: Do not enter your LogMeIn ID and password. This will result in Error 1326 or Error 5 (incorrect user name and password).
- If prompted, enter the username and password you would enter if you were sitting in front of the host computer.
- If prompted, enter the Computer Access Code you created when you installed LogMeIn to the host computer.
Your session begins upon successful authentication. The first time you start a remote session you may be asked to install the LogMein Client app or an Internet Explorer browser plug-in to the computer you are using to initiate the remote session.