Close and Delete Changes
Changes – short for ITIL's term "Request for Change (RFC)" – refers to any changes being made to the service or any of its components (including configuration items). Change records allow technicians to not only justify why time and money is being spent on the change effort, but also to track and streamline the effort and any other components that might be related. Changes can stem from many sources, such as fixes for incidents or problems, new or improved functionality within the service, additions or modifications to configuration items or updates to the service (e.g., new compliance obligations). Service Desk change forms are designed to enable the following development process: planning, approval, building, and testing.
Topics in this article:
Once change testing has been marked as complete, the change can be marked as ready to be released.
1. Open the change and select the Test tab.
3. Click Save when finished.
Once all development and testing is complete and the change is marked as ready to be released, it can be closed.
1. Open the change to be closed.
2. Click Close.
3. Fill out the "closure details" to specify why the change is being closed, then click Save.
Note: Once deleted, the data will no longer be accessible within your account, however, the data remains stored within our system.
Changes can also be deleted at any time.
1. Open the change to be deleted.
2. Click Delete Change.
3. A warning message cautions that this cannot be undone. Click I'm scared, don't delete this to cancel, or Yes I'm sure! Just delete it! to continue.