Step #2: Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication as a user
End users will need both a desktop or laptop and a mobile device to complete the enrollment. Begin the enrollment process by installing the GoToAssist Expert desktop application from a desktop.
- Install the GoToAssist Expert desktop application from a desktop web browser.
- Enter your email address and password, then click Sign in.
- Click Continue.
Result: A verification email is sent to the email address that identifies your account.
- Open the "Email Verification" message, then copy the 6-digit code.
- On the enrollment window, paste the code you copied from the email and click Continue. Troubleshooting: If you haven't received the email, click send the email again.
- On your mobile device, install an authenticator app (e.g., LastPass Authenticator for iOS or Android) if one is not already installed, then click Continue.
- Leave the enrollment window open on your desktop, then complete the steps to register your authenticator app on your mobile device by either:
- (a) Scanning a bar code (the QR code)
- (b) Manually entering the code displayed on the screen in the authenticator app.
- When finished, click Continue.
Result: Your authenticator app is now registered with your account.
- Enter the one-time authentication code (displayed in the mobile app) in the Enter setup code window and click Continue.
- Click Continue