Premier and Security subscribers can install and activate LogMeIn Antivirus on Windows computers in their LogMeIn Central account.
Once you have installed LogMeIn Antivirus to your computers, you can manage anti-virus status, updates, and more from within the Anti-virus dashboard in LogMeIn Central.
What is LogMeIn Antivirus
LogMeIn Antivirus uses real-time information to proactively identify and protect against unique, sophisticated threats.
- File Scan
- Behavioral Scan
- Traffic Scan
- Exclusion list
- Silent install
System Requirements for LogMeIn Antivirus
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- LogMeIn host version version 12572 or higher
Installing LogMeIn Antivirus
How to install and activate LogMeIn Antivirus on any Windows host.
- In LogMeIn Central, go to Antivirus.
- Select the checkbox for each computer you want to work with. The Actions button is activated at the top of the page. Required host software: On Windows, version 12572 or higher.
- Click Actions > Install LogMeIn Antivirus.
- For each host that is online with no conflicting anti-virus software installed, LogMeIn Antivirus is installed and activated.
- If conflicting anti-virus software is detected, you must remove it before continuing.
- If offline hosts are detected, you should bring them online before continuing.
The host-side end user does not need to take action to complete the installation. Host-side users are not interrupted.
LogMeIn Antivirus remains active as long as a host remains attached to your LogMeIn Central account. Activation renews automatically every 30 days.
As with other LogMeIn Central features, if you have trouble with the LogMeIn Anti-virus installation, please contact LogMeIn Customer Support.
Removing LogMeIn Antivirus
LogMeIn Antivirus is a separate software and not removed when you uninstall the LogMeIn host software from a computer.
When you remove LogMeIn or detach a host from your account, LogMeIn Antivirus remains installed, but does not renew. LogMeIn Antivirus eventually notifies the host-side user that the service is no longer active.
To remove LogMeIn Antivirus from a host, you must manually uninstall it.