System Requirements – Host Computer
Before installing Host software on the computer you want to access remotely, make sure the device meets the following requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or newer (including 64-bit)
- On Intel-based Macs (including M1-based Macs): macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) or newer
- Windows Server 2008R2 or newer (including 64-bit)
- Linux, Chromebook and Windows RT are not supported
Note: Though Linux is not a supported OS, there is a beta version of the host available. For more information, see https://repository.services.logmein.com/linux.
Remote control performance depends on several factors, such as screen resolution, color depth, type of activity, available bandwidth and latency.
- For connecting and doing non-remote control work, any always-on internet connection is sufficient.
- For remote control, we require a 1.5 Mbit/s (192 Kbyte/s) or higher connection speed on each end, as per FCC guidelines for video streaming. For optimal experience in Full HD resolution, a 2 Mbit/s (256 Kbyte/s) connection is recommended.
For details, see How much bandwidth is required to use Central?