How to Update Registry Settings on Remote Hosts
You can update the registry settings on remote computers without user interaction.
Before you begin:
Who can use this feature? The One2Many feature is available for the following:
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
Important: This type of task can only be deployed to Windows hosts.
- In Central, go to the page.
- Click Create Task.
Result: The Create Task page is displayed.
- Select Update registry settings.
- Name the task in the Task name field.
Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload the REG file required to complete the task, click Browse....
Result:Note: The Full command field shows you the exact command that will be sent to your hosts. Use it to confirm that the syntax of the command matches your expectations.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)
What to do next:
Tip: Once you have assigned a task to a plan and have run the plan, you can monitor progress and view logs on the page. You can view logs for completed tasks on the page.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022