How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks
Plans define the computers that will receive the task and tell the task how and when to run.
Who can use this feature? The One2Many feature is available to any Account Holder of a LogMeIn Central Premier subscription and to users in a Premier account with the following permissions: Create and Modify One2Many tasks (to be able to create tasks) and Run One2Many tasks (to be able to assign tasks to plans and run them).
- To create a plan, you must access the Create plan page in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Go to the One2Many > Plans page and click Create Plan.
- Option 2: On the Create Task page, click Save and continue.
- Option 3: On the Tasks page, click Run. Select Create a new plan in the resulting dialog.
The Edit Plan page is displayed
- Name the plan in the Plan name field. Tip: When naming plans, try to focus on the group of computers to which the plan is assigned (for example Sales Laptops, All Servers in Building 7, Windows XP Desktops, or similar).
- Use the Task to run drop-down list to choose the task that you want to execute with this plan. Important: You can only assign one task to a plan.
- Choose to run the task now or later under When to run task.
- Choose Run the plan now to run the plan immediately after saving the plan and assigning credentials.
- Choose Schedule plan to run later to set the plan to run at a specific time or according to a recurring hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
- Under Other options, choose from the following settings:
Option Description Resource transfer timeout Abort the associated task on any host to which task resources fail to transfer within the defined period. Task timeout End processes specified in the associated task on any host for which the task fails to complete within the defined period. Attempt to wake up computers that are switched off This setting only applies to hosts meeting all Wake On LAN requirements. See the LogMeIn User Guide for details. When plan completes, send an email summary to Enter the email addresses where you want to send a notification when the plan is completed. Notes Enter a note to help you or your colleagues work with this plan.
- Under Select computers, select LogMeIn host computers to be included in the plan. The action in the associated task will be applied to the selected hosts.
- Choose whether to enter host login credentials now, or later:
- To enter credentials now, click Save and continue. See Working with Host Login Credentials for details.
- To save the plan without entering credentials, click Save and close. Important: Tasks can only be executed on LogMeIn hosts after successful authentication.