How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks
Plans define the computers that will receive the task and tell the task how and when to run.
- To create a plan, you must access the Create plan page in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Go to the page and click Create Plan.
- Option 2: On the Create Task page, click Save and continue.
- Option 3: On the Tasks page, click Run. Select Create a new plan in the resulting dialog.
Result: The Edit Plan page is displayed
- Name the plan in the Plan name field.
Tip: When naming plans, try to focus on the group of computers to which the plan is assigned (for example Sales Laptops, All Servers in Building 7, Windows XP Desktops, or similar).
- Use the Task to run drop-down list to choose the task that you want to execute with this plan.
Important: You can only assign one task to a plan.
- Choose to run the task now or later under When to run task.
- Choose Run the plan now to run the plan immediately after saving the plan and assigning credentials.
- Choose Schedule plan to run later to set the plan to run at a specific time or according to a recurring hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
- Under Other options, choose from the following settings:
Option Description Resource transfer timeout Abort the associated task on any host to which task resources fail to transfer within the defined period. Task timeout End processes specified in the associated task on any host for which the task fails to complete within the defined period. Attempt to wake up computers that are switched off This setting only applies to hosts meeting all Wake On LAN requirements. When plan completes, send an email summary to Enter the email addresses where you want to send a notification when the plan is completed. Notes Enter a note to help you or your colleagues work with this plan.
- Under Select computers, select host computers to be included in the plan.
Result: The action in the associated task will be applied to the selected hosts.
- Choose whether to enter host login credentials now, or later:
To run your One2Many plan on your machines you must enter your Admin credentials, select the machines you are applying those credentials to and click Apply to Selected Computers. Then you can select Run Now to run the plan you have configured. To enter credentials now, click Save and continue. See Working with Host Login Credentials for details.
You can save the credentials for future use, if they are the same to all machines, by selecting the Save credentials for future use checkbox. See Working with Host Login Credentials for details.
- To save the plan without entering credentials, click Save and close.
Important: Tasks can only be executed on hosts after successful authentication.