How to Set LogMeIn (LMI Guardian) to Report Software Errors
LMIGuardian.exe is LogMeIn's error reporting component. It documents and records errors that occur in the LogMeIn host software and allows error details to be sent directly to our development team for analysis.
The Guardian does not gather or report any personal information.
Follow this procedure to control how and when the Guardian will send error notifications to LogMeIn.
Available on Windows hosts only.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path: Options > Preferences > Advanced
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path: Preferences > Advanced
- Under Software error reporting, choose one of the following options:
Option Description Always send an error report An error report will always be sent (no user action required). Never send an error report An error report will never be sent. Ask the user what to do The user will be prompted to send an error report and can choose to send the report or not.
Can't access this feature? If LogMeIn was installed by an administrator or via an Installation Link from LogMeIn Central, your administrator may have restricted your access to this feature. Contact your administrator for more information.
Sample LogMeIn Guardian detected error message
- Click OK or Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.