How to Run a Batch File or Executable on Remote Hosts
Who can use this feature? The One2Many feature is available to any Account Holder of a LogMeIn Central Premier subscription and to users in a Premier account with the following permissions: Create and Modify One2Many tasks (to be able to create tasks) and Run One2Many tasks (to be able to assign tasks to plans and run them).
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the One2Many > Tasks page.
- Click Create Task. The Create Task page is displayed.
- Select Run a batch file or executable.
- Name the task in the Task name field. Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload resources required to complete the task, click Browse....
- Enter Optional parameters.
For example, you want setup.exe to be executed with the following options: setup.exe /q /s /z. Parameters must be valid commands for the files attached to the task.Important: Programs must run silently and cannot require user input.Note: The Full command field shows you the exact command that will be sent to your hosts. Use it to confirm that the syntax of the command matches your expectations.
- To override default logging and create a custom log file, select Use custom log file and type a path to the log.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.