How to Run a Batch File or Executable on Remote Hosts
You can run executable (.exe) files on remote computers without user interaction.
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the page.
- Click Create Task.
Result: The Create Task page is displayed.
- Select Run a batch file or executable.
- Name the task in the Task name field.
Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload resources required to complete the task, click Browse....
- Enter Optional parameters.
Example: For example, you want setup.exe to be executed with the following options: setup.exe /q /s /z.
Result: Parameters must be valid commands for the files attached to the task.Important: Programs must run silently and cannot require user input.Note: The Full command field shows you the exact command that will be sent to your hosts. Use it to confirm that the syntax of the command matches your expectations.
- To override default logging and create a custom log file, select Use custom log file and type a path to the log.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)