How to Install, Uninstall, or Update Software on Remote Hosts
Who can use this feature? The One2Many feature is available to any Account Holder of a LogMeIn Central Premier subscription and to users in a Premier account with the following permissions: Create and Modify One2Many tasks (to be able to create tasks) and Run One2Many tasks (to be able to assign tasks to plans and run them).
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the One2Many > Tasks page.
- Click Create Task. The Create Task page is displayed.
- Select Install or update software.
Note: If you are not using an MSI installer, you should use the Run a batch file or executable task type.
- Name the task in the Task name field. Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload resources required to complete the task, click Browse....
- Enter valid MSI parameters under Optional Parameters. To uninstall software, select the Uninstall option.
Important: Installs must run silently and cannot require user input.Note: The Full command field shows you the exact command that will be sent to your hosts. Use it to confirm that the syntax of the command matches your expectations.Tip: Consult the Windows Installer SDK for additional documentation on command line syntax.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.