How to Install, Uninstall, or Update Software on Remote Hosts
Who can use this feature? The One2Many feature is available for the following:
|Basic/Plus/Premier Subscription||Modular Subscription||User Permissions|
| || || |
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the One2Many > Tasks page.
- Click Create Task. The Create Task page is displayed.
- Under Select for Windows, select Install or update software.
- Name the task in the Task name field.
Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload resources required to complete the task, click Browse...
- Enter valid MSI parameters under Optional Parameters. To uninstall software, select the Uninstall option.Important: Installs must run silently and cannot require user input.Note: The Full command field shows the exact command that will be sent to the hosts. Use it to confirm that the syntax of the command matches the expectations.Tip: Consult the Windows Installer SDK for additional documentation on command line syntax.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.
Tip: Once you have assigned a task to a plan and have run the plan, you can monitor progress and view logs on the One2Many > Plans page. You can view logs for completed tasks on the One2Many > History page.