How to Deploy LogMeIn Host Software
Install LogMeIn host software to one or more remote computers and add the computers to your LogMeIn account.
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the Deployment page.
- On the Deployment page, click Add Installation Package. The Installation Package page is displayed.
- Fill in the necessary fields and select the appropriate options for the remote installation.
Option Description Description For your own reference, type a brief description that you will use to identify the installation package. Installations allowed Enter the maximum number of computers that will be able to use the installation package. Select Unlimited to allow any number of computers to use the package. Expiration date Default is one week. Select Never expires to allow installations from this package at any time in the future. When no more seats are available, send an email to these addresses Send a notification to the specified email addresses when you run out of available seats.
- Under Configuration, select from the following options:
Option Description Computer group Select the Computer Group to which you want to add the new hosts. Alert package Select the Alert Package to apply to new Windows hosts. Only available in Automation or Monitoring Modules. Host preference package Select the Host Preference Package to apply to new Windows hosts.
- Optionally, click Advanced Settings to set proxy settings and additional options for remote installation.
Option Description Allow users to change the computer description during installation The computer description is the host's name as displayed on your computer list. By default, LogMeIn uses the host's name as the computer description.Remember: If you allow users to rename computers, you may not be able to recognize them on your computer list! Keep the computer awake permanently if running on AC power The LogMeIn installer will change the power settings of each new Windows host that has been otherwise set to sleep after a specific period of inactivity. Windows hosts connected to a standard AC power source (outlet) will be prevented from sleeping, thus ensuring access via LogMeIn. Proxy settings for the installation If applicable, enter your proxy server settings.
- Click Save Settings. The Deploy Installation Package page is displayed.
- On the Deploy Installation Package page, select the Deployment method to be used by the installation package.
For detailed information about each deployment method, see About Deployment Methods.Note: Your LogMeIn account information is included in the installer regardless of the deployment method.Important: If there is a problem with the deployment settings, you will see an alert. For information about alerts, see Troubleshooting Installation Packages and Deployment.
- Optionally, click Your personal notes and enter comments.
- Send the installation link or download the installer file, as appropriate. Follow on-screen instructions per method.