How to Create a Custom Task for Complex Jobs
Use a custom task to execute a set of complex administrative actions that require multiple resources and commands.
- In , go to the page.
- Click Create Task.
Result: The Create Task page is displayed.
- Select Custom.
- Name the task in the Task name field.
Since you may end up with many saved tasks, be sure to use a clear and specific name.
- To locate and upload resources required to complete the task, click Browse....
- If required, type a Command to execute.
Tip: Click the variables link to see a list of environment variables you can use in a command.Remember: You cannot use One2Many to reboot a computer; therefore, remote commands and custom tasks cannot contain reboot commands.
- Type a Successful exit code if the command you run returns a custom value on successful execution. This value is zero by default.
- To override default logging and create a custom log file, select Use custom log file and type a path to the log.
- Choose whether to assign a plan now, or later:
See How to Create a Plan for Executing One2Many Tasks to continue.
- To save your task and create a new plan that will be used to run the task, click Save and continue
- To save the task without assigning a plan, click Save and close (you will be able to assign a plan later)