How to Connect from LogMeIn.com
Connect to LogMeIn host computers in your LogMeIn account from LogMeIn.com.
Connect to any computer that meets these conditions:
- LogMeIn host software must be installed and running on the host
- The host must be turned on
- The host must be connected to the Internet
- The host must not be in Sleep mode or Hibernation mode
Tip: If the host computer is on a network with other LogMeIn host computers then you may be able to wake it using Wake On LAN. To review Wake On LAN requirements, see How to Wake a Computer in Sleep Mode or Powered Off Using Wake On LAN.
- The host must not already be controlled by another LogMeIn user
Note: Multiple users can connect to a host simultaneously; however, only a single remote user can control it. For example, one user can control a computer while another uses File Manager or Management Tools.
To connect from your browser:
- Go to www.LogMeIn.com.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
The Computers page is displayed.
- On the Computers page, click the computer you want to access. Tip: Control-click or middle-click to open the session in a new browser tab. On a Mac, use Command-click.
LogMeIn will attempt to make a connection to the host. You will be prompted to authenticate to the host.Tip: You can set LogMeIn to securely save your host username and password to the client computer from which you are connecting. This will allow you to automatically authenticate when you next connect from the same computer. See How to Set Up Automatic Authentication.
- Log in to the computer using the appropriate authentication method:
Remember: Do not enter your LogMeIn ID and password. This will result in Error 1326 or Error 5 (incorrect user name and password).
- If prompted, enter the username and password you would enter if you were sitting in front of the host computer.
- If prompted, enter the Computer Access Code you created when you installed LogMeIn to the host computer.
Your session begins upon successful authentication. The first time you start a remote session you may be asked to install the LogMein Client app or an Internet Explorer browser plug-in to the computer you are using to initiate the remote session.