How to Assign and Work with Custom Data
The custom fields feature extends computer property information and integrates with your computer list seamlessly. Assign data of your choice to the computers you manage to find and sort them easier, or to add descriptive information.
- On the Computers page, click once in a custom field column. Remember: You can edit field values only in Detail View.
Edit or delete computer-specific data.
- Enter a value and click to assign it to the computer. Tip: When you start typing, Central brings up a list of recently assigned values for the field.
- Clear the contents of a field to delete a value.
Changes are saved instantly.
- Enter a value and click to assign it to the computer.
New to custom fields? Try the following:
- Sort the computer list
- Click the header of a custom field column to sort the computer list.
- Find computers
- Use the Search box above your computer list to find computers by a specific custom field value.
- Display relevant information
- When your computer list starts to become cluttered, you can show or hide custom field columns as you would with other properties using the column selector in the header bar.