How to View RemotelyAnywhere Log Files
- Service Start/Stop
- Remote Control Start/Stop
Follow this procedure to view log files:
- Click Preferences to access the host preferences.
- Go to .
Result: A list of available log files is displayed.
- On the list, double-click the file you want to view.
- The active log file is named RemotelyAnywhere.log
- Older logs are stored with the naming convention RAYYYYMMDD.log (example: the log file for January 20, 2011, would be RA20110120.log)
- Click Download all logs in one compressed file to access all available logs in a single compressed archive
- You can also set the following options by clicking Preferences:
Option Description Directory for log files Define the folder where the files are to be saved. Leave blank to use the default location (the RemotelyAnywhere installation directory, typically C:\Program Files\RemotelyAnywhere). Keep log files for this many days Enter the number of days for which you would like to store log files.
- Click Apply.
Result: Your settings are applied immediately to the host.