How to Set Upload/Download Ratio for an FTP User
You can edit the upload and download ratio settings for the user.
- Access the server preferences in .
- On the FTP Users tab, click the name of the user you want to modify.
- Click Ratio.
- Set the upload and download ratio for the user.
Option Description Type
- The user is a normal user, and can download any file he has read access to, without having to upload first.
- Per session
- When the user logs in, his counters are set to zero. Should he lose connection while uploading or downloading, any remaining credits he has will be lost.
- Per user
- The user's credits are remembered over sessions. This option is not recommended if you want several users to share the same account.
- Per IP address
- Even if the user loses connection, his credits are remembered, if he logs in again from the same IP address. This does not cause a problem, even if the user account is shared by hundreds of concurrent users.
Upload / Download The ratio of uploading and downloading data. Starting credits The user's starting download credits in KBytes. Per IP ratio expiration time The Per IP ratio expiration time setting allows you to have the per-IP credits expire after a certain time. If the user logs back from the same IP address after not visiting the server for the specified time, he will have to start building up credits again.
- Click Apply.