How to Create User Groups for FTP Servers
- Access the server preferences in .
- On the FTP Groups tab, click New FTP group.
Result: The New FTP group page is displayed.
- Enter the name of the user group. Optionally, you can enter a welcome message from group members and select additional groups for the users to be members of.
- Click Apply to create the user group.
- Click Permissions.
- Set the permissions of the user group.
Option Description Directory path The path you specify can be a full path, containing a drive letter, or a path relative to the server's root directory. If you assign rights to a path that is not within the server's root directory, the setting will have no effect at all. L Allows the user to list the contents of the directory. R Allows downloading files from the directory. C Allows the user to create new directories in the directory. D Allows the user to delete or rename a file or a directory. Also required to be able to overwrite files. W Allows the user to create a new file and write data to it. Full access All of the above.
- Click Apply.