How to Create an IP Filter Profile
Create IP Filter Profiles to allow or deny connections to a host from specific IP addresses.
- Click Preferences to access the host preferences.
- Click .
- Type a Name for your filter and click Add to begin creating a filter profile.
Result: The IP Filtering dialog box is displayed.
- Choose a filter type:
- Choose allow to make a filter that allows specified addresses to access this host
- Choose deny to make a filter that prevents specified addresses from accessing this host
- Enter the Address you want to allow or deny.
Accepted wildcards are an asterisk (*) that matches any number of characters, and a question mark (?) that matches a single character only.
- Enter a Subnet that you want to allow or deny.
- Click Add filter.
Result: The filter is added to the IP Filters In Profile box.
- Repeat from step 2, above, to add additional filters to the Filter Profile.
- Click Back when you are finished adding filters to the Profile.
Result: Your Filter Profile is saved and you are returned to the IP Filtering page.
- You must apply your Filter Profile before it can take effect. On the IP Filtering page, select a Filter Profile from the Profiles list and click Use profile.
Result: The Filter Profile is activated on the host.
The IP filters that you set up here apply to every connection except those aimed at the FTP or Port Forwarding Server. To specify IP address restrictions specific to these modules you will need to use their specific IP filtering options.