Why am I getting 'Error 1327'?
This error occurs when you try to sign into a host computer with a Windows Username that does not have a password associated with it.
When you attempt to access a host computer, you receive the following error message: Error: Logon Failure: User account restriction. (1327).
Please physically go to the computer you wish to access, and follow the steps below:
- Click on Start, then Run; (Windows Vista/7 users please type in Run into the Instant Search box).
- If you are on a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 computer, type: control userpasswords2
- If it is Windows 2000, type: control userpasswords
- Click OK. The Windows User Accounts screen will appear.
- Click the Add button.
- In the user name box, type (exactly!) LogMeInRemoteUser and click Next.
- In the password screen, set a password that is at least 8 characters long, letters or numbers, keeping in mind that it is case sensitive. This password will be the Access Code. Click Next.
- At the last window it should say What Level of Access do you want to Grant this User? select Other and make sure the word Administrator is selected. Click OK twice.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022