Using LogMeIn File Sharing
Important: Others can only download shared files from your computer when it is powered on and is online.
- Choose how you want to initiate the File Sharing process:
- Option 1. On the computer with the file you want to share, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and click the File Sharing tab.
- Option 2. On the computer with the file you want to share, click the LogMeIn icon in the system tray and select Share a File... from the menu. Windows host
- Option 3. Windows only. Right-click on the file you want to share and select Send to > LogMeIn File Sharing (skip to step 4, below).
- On the File Sharing tab, click the Share a File... button.
- Choose the file you want to share.
- Enter Sharing Details:
- Comment – Write a description of the file you are sharing that will be recognizable to the recipients
- Sharing time limit – Enter the amount of time for which the file will be available for download
- Download limit – Enter the maximum number of times the file can be downloaded
- Click Next.
- Choose how you want to send the File Sharing notification message:
- Choose Send an email on my behalf to allow LogMeIn to send an email
- Choose I will send an invitation myself to send the invitation using your chosen email program
- Click Next.
- Send the notification:
- If you chose Send an email on my behalf, you must enter an email address and message to the recipient and click Next to send. Tip: LogMeIn provides a standard message in all supported LogMeIn languages. Use the Message Language drop-down to select a language.
- If you chose I will send a notification myself, you must copy the link and send it using your chosen email program.
- If you chose Send an email on my behalf, you must enter an email address and message to the recipient and click Next to send.
- Click Finish to exit the sharing process.