HIPAA Section F – Integrity mechanism, § 164.312(c)(2)
Mechanism to authenticate electronic protected health information. Implement electronic mechanisms to corroborate that electronic protected health information has not been altered or destroyed in an unauthorized manner. (Addressable)
Access and Management: Pro, Central
- All data transmitted during remote, chat, or file transfer sessions is protected by at least 128-bit encryption.
- When the encryption level on the client browser permits, all data transmitted during remote, chat, or file transfer sessions is protected by 256-bit TLS 1.2 encryption.
- User can set up automatic alerts to identify system events that indicate attempts at unauthorized access.
Note: Log in to your account and go to .
- LogMeIn Files
- File integrity is protected during transmission as described here: HIPAA Section H.2 – Transmission Security § 164.312(e)(1) Integrity Controls.
- To ensure file integrity at rest, GoTo recommends configuring your file integrity tool to cover your mounted drive. The standard options available in the Files user interface do not offer integrity protection at rest.
- Users can set up automatic alerts to identify user events that indicate unauthorized activity.
Support and Collaboration: Rescue
- End-to-end 256-bit TLS 1.2 encryption of all data.
- MD5 Hash for enhanced traceability of file transfers when File Transfer is enabled.