One-time Emailed Security Codes
When you enable Emailed Security Code for your LogMeIn account, each time you log in you are sent an email containing a security code that you must enter to access your account.
To activate emailed security codes for your LogMeIn account:
Note: This feature should not be confused with two-step verification codes that you may receive via email. See Two-Step Verification.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
The Computers page is displayed.
- At the top of the page, click Settings > Security. The Security page is displayed.
- Under Security, select Emailed Security Code.
- Enter a single email address to which a code should be sent upon login. Tip: The email account should be accessible from a wireless device to ensure you receive the code promptly, wherever you are.
- Click Save. A test security code is sent to the defined address.
- Go to your email account and locate the email from LogMeIn.com Auto-Mailer with the subject Emailed test code: xxxx-xxxx.
- Enter the code from the email in the Test code field. Each code can be used only once.
The Emailed Security Code feature is now enabled.
Upon next login to your account, you will receive an email from LogMeIn.com Auto-Mailer with the subject Your LogMeIn Security Code: xxxx-xxxx. Enter this code in the Security code field on the LogMeIn site when prompted.To disable the feature, go to the Security page, clear the Emailed Security Code option, and save your change.
Tip: Emailed security codes are only valid for 30 minutes.