Pro disables Windows Aero peek. What can I do?
Windows Aero peek is disabled and does not re-enable when taking remote control of a PC running Windows 7 or higher.
This is caused by an incompatibility issue with the Windows Aero software and Pro's Mirror Driver.
Solution One: Disable the Mirror Driver
- Open the Run prompt by pressing the Windows key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Under Display Adapters, right-click the Mirror Driver.
- Click Disable.
- When prompted, restart the host PC.
When the PC restarts, you can enable Windows Aero in.
Solution Two: Reinstall Pro
- On the host, uninstall Pro.
- Reboot the host PC.
- Install Pro.
Article last updated: 27 September, 2022