How to switch off two-step verification
You may want to switch off two-step verification if you get a new device or no longer want to take advantage of the feature.
- You may be required by your administrator to use two-step verification.
- Log in to your account using your LogMeIn ID (email address) and password.
Result: The Computers page is displayed.
- At the top of the Computers page, click Settings and then Account Settings. The Account settings page is displayed.
- Under Security, click Switch off.
Result: You may be prompted to confirm your identity and review your settings before actually switching off two-step verification.
- To remove pairing for all existing devices, select Clear all settings when I switch off. Tip: LogMeIn will still be listed in your app, but any login codes it generates will not be accepted. To avoid confusion, we recommend removing the client from your app.
- Click the Switch off button.
I've disabled Two-Step Verification for myself and my users yet I am still required to verify upon logging in. Why?
- If you have disabled Two-Step Verification for yourself and your users yet are still required to verify upon logging in, you are likely a user under someone else's Central account as well.
- If this is the case, you need to contact the master account holder for the account(s) you are a sub-user under and ask them to disable two-step verification for their users, as well.