How to Set up an Authentication Attack Blocker
Use the Authentication Attack blocker to lock out those who try to get past your host logon screen without authorization.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path: Options > Preferences > Security
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path: Preferences > Security
- Under Intrusion control, set the following Authentication attack blocker options:
Option Description Active Select this option to activate the attack blocker. Number of invalid attempts allowed Specify the number of invalid authentication attempts to allow before the offending IP address is locked out. Reset invalid attempt counter after After the amount of time specified in this box has elapsed, the invalid attempt count of the offending IP address will be reset to zero. Keep attacker blocked for All attempted connections from an offending IP address will be rejected for the amount of time specified in this field.
- Click OK or Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.
To allow access from blocked addresses, click Unblock all.