How to Set Compression for Data Transferred from the Host
Choose the compression level to apply to data transferred from the host during remote control, including files transferred using the File Manager feature.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path: Options > Preferences > Advanced
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path: Preferences > Advanced
- Under Network, choose the appropriate File transfer compression option:
Option Description Adaptive Dynamically modifies the compression ratio according to available bandwidth and CPU. No compression Data is not compressed. Fast Compared to Best, this option uses less host CPU, but more bandwidth. Unlike with Adaptive, the compression level is fixed. Low Keeps bandwidth and CPU usage at a minimum. Normal A good balance between effective file compression and balanced host CPU utilization. Best The host CPU will compress data as much as possible before transfer. Compared to Fast, this option uses less bandwidth, but more CPU. Unlike with Adaptive, the compression level is fixed.
- Click OK or Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.