How to Optimize a Computer for Remote Control
Available on Windows hosts only.
- Access the host preferences:
- From the host computer, open the LogMeIn Control Panel and follow this path:
- From a client device, connect to the host Main Menu and follow this path:
- Under Performance, set the following options (as required):
Option Description Disable wallpaper and user interface effects on host computer Select this option to disable the host's desktop wallpaper and all user interface effects during remote control. User interface effects include transition effects (fade, scroll), shadows under menus, trailing effects while dragging windows, and Windows Aero effects. Use display accelerator Select this option to make remote control sessions faster and less CPU-intensive. Do not use the display accelerator if you are having problems with Windows Aero. See also Troubleshooting Display Issues.Tip: Having problems with Aero after remote control? First, make sure you end your remote control sessions from the LogMeIn toolbar (do not simply close your browser or app). If you are still having problems, turn off the display accelerator and restart your computer.Can't access this feature? If LogMeIn was installed by an administrator or via an Installation Link from LogMeIn Central, your administrator may have restricted your access to this feature. Contact your administrator for more information.
- Click OK or Apply. Your settings are applied immediately to the host.